Netgear Wireless Router Setup
How to configuring your NETGEAR Wireless Router:
To establish a wireless connection between the router and computer, the routerís wireless setting (SSID or Network Name, Channel, and Mode of communication) has to be configured. Please follow the steps below to configure the wireless settings on your NETGEAR router.
- Connect a computer to the LAN port of the router using an ethernet cable.
- Open up a browser and type in the following URL: http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 (depending on the model number of the router)
- Type the Username as admin, and Password as password. Then click OK.
†4. To change the Wireless settings, click Wireless Settings under Setup on the left menu bar.
5. Under Wireless Network, (make a note of these settings, you need these values to configure your wireless clients)
∑ Change SSID from default NETGEAR to any desired name (for e.g. Home)
∑ Select the Region as applicable - Incorrect selection may cause performance problems.
∑ Select any one of the available Channel.
∑ Apply the changes
6. An example of updated wireless
Configuring Wireless Clients:
The steps explained below use the Windows XP wireless client. If your card came with its own wireless configuration utility, you may use that as well.
- Open the Control Panel from the Start Menu.
2. Right-click Wireless Network Connection and choose Properties.
3. Click on the Wireless Networks tab and if unchecked, check the box for Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings.
Then click OK.
4. Right-click on Wireless Network Connection, Select View Available Wireless Networks
This will lists all the available wireless networks in range. Select your network from the list and click Connect.
6. If you are connecting to a secured wireless network, you will be prompted for a Network key. Type the Network key (if you are using WEP security, make sure you are typing the network key, not the Passphrase) and click Connect.
7. Your network list should now display your connection status. If you are connected and your router is setup for internet access, you are ready to connect to the Internet wirelessly.
Was this answer helpful?
Please note that all equipment sold by Clickworks Internet is pre-configured. In most cases, you...